Have another question?
ACER Personality And Aptitude Tests
The Australian Council for Educational Research (ACER) is an independent research organisation established in 1930. ACER is an international leader in the development and provision of high-quality assessment and reporting tools and services for the government, not-for-profit and private sectors.
The new ACER Psych Testing (APT) platform enables clients to easily manage their candidates, assign assessments and purchase credits. Clients can search, order and prioritise candidates and results based on the chosen criteria – and generate reports when it suits. Candidates will also benefit from a consistent and intuitive interface and easy-to-use navigation.
VeriyNow has hand-picked a number of ACER products that can help you and your organisation make better decisions in the hiring process – let’s find out how.
1. NEO Personality Inventory-3 (NEO PI-3)
Author(s) : Paul T. Costa, Jr. and Robert R. McCrae
The NEO Personality Inventory-3 (NEO-PI-3) is the standard questionnaire of the Five Factor Model of Personality. It is a concise measure of the five major domains of personality (Neuroticism, Extraversion, Openness, Agreeableness, and Conscientiousness) and the six facets that define each domain.
Taken together, the five domain scales and the 30 facet scales facilitate a comprehensive and detailed assessment of general personality.
2. ACER Select Assessments
ACER Select is designed to measure verbal and numerical abilities as demonstrated by the capacity to see relationships and solve problems.
ACER Select consists of eight test forms that provide various levels of difficulty for verbal and numerical assessment.
- Select General (Verbal/Numerical): Technical, administrative, customer service and sales positions.
- Select Professional (Verbal/Numerical): Graduate recruitment, managerial or leadership roles, where the work requires a high level of reasoning ability.
- Select Parallel (Verbal Form A/Form B, Numerical Form A/Form B): Administrative, customer service and sales positions, technical, graduate recruitment, managerial or leadership roles.
3. ACER Applied Reading Test - Second Edition (ART 2)
The ART-2 assesses the ability to comprehend written information. Three forms of the test have been developed with varying levels of difficulty and items relevant to specific types of occupations:
- General / Clerical Form: A general applied reading test suitable for selection into administrative and clerical roles or courses
- Technical / Trade Form: An updated version of the Applied Reading Test appropriate for selection into trade and technical roles or courses
- Basic Literacy Form: Designed to assess basic literacy skills for selection into operational roles or applied courses with minimal literacy requirements. It can also be used to test literacy levels of persons from a non-English speaking background.
4. ACER Mechanical Reasoning Test – Second Edition (MRT-2)
The MRT-2 assesses mechanical reasoning ability, which entails understanding basic principles of physics and mechanics, visualising the movement of objects through space, and understanding cause-effect relationships between mechanical components.
The MRT-2 is designed to assess aptitude for solving problems requiring the understanding of mechanical ideas. It does not require mechanical knowledge or reading ability.
All 32 items are pen-and-ink diagrams and cover a wide range of content including wheels, gears, clamps, levers, sliding rods, shafts, pulleys, weights, conveyor belts, fixed and non-fixed pivots, and springs. Two parallel forms are available.
The MRT-2 is suitable for assessing apprentices, trainees, technical and trade personnel, and others involved in the work of a mechanical nature. The MRT can be used for selection and for counselling individuals, such as school-leavers or mature-age job changers, who aspire to occupations requiring mechanical reasoning ability.
• Academic and Qualifications verification
• Applicant Integrity Interview
• APRA Disqualified Register check
• APRA Enforceable Undertaking Register Check
• ASIC Banned and Disqualified Register check
• ASIC Enforceable Undertaking Register check
• AFS Licensees Register check
• AFS Licensees and Authorised Representatives Register Check
• Anti-Money Laundering check
• Bankruptcy checks
• Business Interests / Directorships check
• Digital Footprint check
• Employment History verification
• Entitlement to Work check
• Identity Verification
• Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (National Police Check)
• Professional Body Membership check
• Reference checks (online, on phone)