Have another question?
APRA, ASIC and AFS Checks
Financial Regulatory checks are generally applied to candidates involved with the management and financial components of an organisation such as senior executives, directors, financial officers and investment bankers. Certain regulated industries, such as financial services or banking require these checks to be completed.
VerifyNow Financial Regulatory checks include:
Business Interests / Directorship Check
Does the applicant have an interest in other businesses that might cause a conflict of interest in the role they are applying for? This check is commonly used for positions such as directors, managers and other decision-making roles.
The Bankruptcy Register Search (BRS) is an online service to access personal insolvency information about individuals directly from the National Personal Insolvency Index (NPII).
The NPII is under the responsibility of the Australian Financial Security Authority (AFSA).
The NPII provides information about individuals who have been subject to proceedings under the Bankruptcy Act 1966 from August 1928. It does not include any information on company liquidations or administrations.
APRA Disqualified Register check
Lists individuals who have been disqualified from holding prudentially significant roles within APRA-regulated industries such as the Australian authorised deposit-taking, general insurance and superannuation industries.
APRA Enforceable Undertakings Register check
The APRA Enforceable Undertaking Register lists all enforceable undertakings APRA has accepted from individuals or entities since 1 January 2005.
ASIC Banned and Disqualified Register check
ASIC Enforceable Undertaking Register check
ASIC Enforceable Undertaking Register check reveal if the candidate has ever been subject to undertakings accepted by ASIC and enforceable in a court. An undertaking is generally accepted by ASIC as an alternative to civil or administrative action where there has been a contravention of the legislation administered by ASIC.
AFS Licensees Register check
AFS Licensees and Authorised Representative Register check
Anti-Money Laundering check
• Academic and Qualifications verification
• Applicant Integrity Interview
• APRA Disqualified Register check
• APRA Enforceable Undertaking Register Check
• ASIC Banned and Disqualified Register check
• ASIC Enforceable Undertaking Register check
• AFS Licensees Register check
• AFS Licensees and Authorised Representatives Register Check
• Anti-Money Laundering check
• Bankruptcy checks
• Business Interests / Directorships check
• Digital Footprint check
• Employment History verification
• Entitlement to Work check
• Identity Verification
• Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (National Police Check)
• Professional Body Membership check
• Reference checks (online, on phone)