Have another question?
Reference Checks Give Organisations Valuable Insight Into Their Work Ethic And Integrity
In 2018, the NSW Independent Commission Against Corruption (ICAC) conducted research^ discovered that between 20 and 30 per cent of job applications contained some form of false information. The report also states that “the detrimental effects that poor employment screening practices have can be very wide-reaching”.
With a high number of resumes containing inaccurate information, failing to conduct a reference check can be very costly to organisations. Given that candidates falsify work experience, credentials and reasons for termination, a thorough reference check is important.
Indeed, reference checks do more than just measure and report on a candidate’s technical skills and work experience, they also give organisations valuable insight into their work ethic and integrity. In this blog, VerifyNow explained why in-depth and probative reference checks play an important role in supporting successful recruitment. Read on to find out more about VerifyNow’s fast and efficient reference checks.
• Academic and Qualifications verification
• Applicant Integrity Interview
• APRA Disqualified Register check
• APRA Enforceable Undertaking Register Check
• ASIC Banned and Disqualified Register check
• ASIC Enforceable Undertaking Register check
• AFS Licensees Register check
• AFS Licensees and Authorised Representatives Register Check
• Anti-Money Laundering check
• Bankruptcy checks
• Business Interests / Directorships check
• Digital Footprint check
• Employment History verification
• Entitlement to Work check
• Identity Verification
• Nationally Coordinated Criminal History Check (National Police Check)
• Professional Body Membership check
• Reference checks (online, on phone)